Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update.

I am wicked tired. I am overloaded with work, school projects and tests. And when I say overloaded, I mean so much to the point that I truly must just take "one day at a time." My new class is awesome and my instructor rocks. Honestly, though, I don't know how I'm getting it all done between Jake, work and school. Not to mention all my other "must haves" like sleep, working out, bible study night and church. Just more evidence of God's ability to work supernaturally in us. I should be in bed right now, but I am so wired that I can't quiet my mind enough to just fall asleep. Don't ya hate that? Of course, just now I paused and spaced out for a minute (or two), so I may be approaching an opportunity to sleep soon. ha!

In all my busyness right now, I feel good. Life is good and I'm happy. So much has been happening lately and I have so much I want to write about.. but, I just don't have the time. But, I will say a little something..

My BABY is turning 9 this weekend! He was born on Ash Wednesday in 1999. It was the greatest day of my life. I remember almost all the details of that day. But, what I remember most clearly is seeing him for the first time. Wrapped up like a little baby burrito w/ this tiny blue and pink cap. (and yes, I still have the cap and have tried to squeeze it onto his head in recent months) He was so amazingly perfect. The nurses said he was the most beautiful baby in the nursery. And yes, there were SEVERAL babies in the nursery. And I know what you're thinking.. but he really was. And I still know what you're thinking. Im serious! Anyway, Jake Thomas is the best gift and the biggest responsibility the Lord has ever given to me. I love being his mom and I get so excited to see how he grows as person every year. He's captivating! It's funny, though, as much as he feels like he's all mine.. each year as he changes, I see more and more how much he really belongs to the Lord. I don't know if I will have the blessing of more children in some way, but I am eternally honored to be the mother of this one little boy.

And I'm going to keep this posting so when he turns 13 and is a walking hormone, grouchy and doesn't want to bathe, I will be reminded just how much I love my little man.


On My Mind Today: Gratitude. Live it, breathe it..

No comments: