Oprah had someone on her show the other day for a brief interview. This person was talking about the fact that once she realized God had forgiven her for her lies, she knew she could be truthful with the world over what she'd done. God's forgiveness is what she needed to move forward and face her consequences. So, what does Oprah ask? " Now, did you believe in God before all of this or is this a new thing? Because it always gets me how people are turning to God once they get into trouble." I thought I was going to come out of my skin!!!!!!! She is so completely unbelievable. For years, Oprah has made comments about the bible, implied being a Christian and referred to God and Jesus on more occassions than I can count. Yet, she brings on people like John Travolta (who she thinks walks on water!) and gives him a forum to talk about Scientology as if it's the missing key to life. She is a universalist one minute and praising Jesus the next. It makes me SICK. She has millions of viewers..sigh.. but if she wants to be inconsistent and cavalier about her relationship w/ the Lord, no one can help that. That's between her and the Lord. BUT! For her to have the nerve to call this woman out on her relationship with the Lord is enough for me to never watch her show again. For her to imply to the world that God's availability is conditional is my breaking point with her. The truth is, I shouldve stopped watching her a long time ago. She interrupts her guests (even the experts who know more than her) all the time.. she's rude to the regular folk, she's kissing celebrity butt and she has gotten more overtly judgemental as time goes on. So, I know my lost viewership will not break the Oprah Winfrey machine. But I will feel better about it. She is getting deleted from TiVo today. Goodbye, Oprah.
Golden Nugget for the Day: I remembered Huey Lewis and the News.. now in my life again and on my ipod. I love them!
2 comments:
Yay!!!!!!
YAYAYAYAY!!!
I've always thought Oprah a bit creepy...
..She seems to love money a bit too much...
Post a Comment