Took Jake to baptism class Thursday night. They were going to videotape his testimony for a video, and so we talked a little bit about it beforehand. We prayed about it, and I told him to just say what's in his heart. He sits down in front of the camera and says, "I'm Jake Costello. I am getting baptized because I know it's my time." That's it! That's all he said! It was quiet.. calm.. and certain.
He told me he wanted me in the water with him.. and my dad. He said. "you both are the two people who have helped me most in my walk with the Lord." I love that boy. The truth is, being that boy's mom has strengthened MY relationship with the Lord beyond words.
Turning 35 today. Weird, even though I have been a 'grown up' for years, 35 feels like a number that just makes me officially a 'grown up.' And some days I feel like a strong, single mom balancing the world on my fingertips by the grace of God, and then some days I feel like a needy, scared little girl who can't seem to get it together. I wonder if that ever changes? Either way, I have much to be thankful for, even in the deep missing of my mom. God has certainly rescued me.. redeemed me in so many ways. This last year has been quite a ride. I barely recognize the woman who was turning 34 last year. It's absolutely amazing what God can do in just a year... I can't wait to see what's next.
I don't really have a catchy theme for today's post.. but, after writing, it looks like the thread is that God is good. He is perfectly faithful.. and my 35 years here on Earth is definately a picture of that.
Today, I am thankful for: You.
P.S. Go read Psalm 139 today. Own it.
No comments:
Post a Comment