So, we all remember Angela, Jake's first official crush. She's in his class this year, and she now sits at his table facing him all day long. Last week, she came to him with a 'family secret.' As he was telling me this story, I was imagining her disclosing horrible things to Jake that they both just weren't ready for! He says to me in a low, soft voice.. "Mom, this is serious. She is very ashamed about this." I said, (GULP!) "What is it?" He whispers, "She is related to Robert E. Lee." I suppose being related to a confederate, even in the South, carries some baggage. Apparently, he is a distant cousin of hers and she knew Jake was civil war history buff. She knew he would be discreet in finding her a picture! Her brother and her have been dying to know what he looks like. So, Jake let her borrow one of his books for a night. Can I ask that all the stories end up this innocent for the rest of his life?! Please? ha!
So, tonight.. we're walking out of school and he says to me, with a HUGE grin, "Something weird happened today." I knew immediately it was girl-related because only girls incite that kind of a smile. Angela likes him! One of her friends approached Jake with the information and asked him what he thought about that.. this was his response, "Mom, I thought about a lot of things in that moment. Tons of information from the last year ran through my head like a computer. And I remembered what her and Alex's kiss did to their reputations. And now they hate each other! I just wasn't sure what to do or what I thought. So, I told her to wait a minute and I went over somewhere by myself and prayed. I just had to ask the Lord what to do." PEOPLE, I can't make this stuff up!! He said he still doesn't have an answer and that he feels excited that she likes him.. but, he still isn't ready for all that. He said being chased by girls when he was 'younger' was fun, but right now, he feels like he needs his recess time for other things. He said doesn't know what he'll do if asked again about Angela.. apparently, in his prayer time, the girls ran off. I commended him for not allowing himself to feel rushed to answer.. and that he did the right thing.
Seriously.
This boy.
Prayer for today: Praise.. praise to our Father for the good works He is doing in that boy!
3 comments:
i am laughing and crying at the same time! he is AMAZING. God is AWESOME!!!
you can remind him that God is in control and that he has made Jake smart enough to make decisions for his life when these things come up. He's given him a mom and family who have taught him what's right and wrong and that's playing out.
I can't believe God gave us the ability to love this kid in a way that has helped him develop into this incredible little person. I can't wait to watch him continue to grow up!!!
Wow...I'm amazed at Jake and YOU! I pray that he will continue the path that he is already going down and that God will continue to give you the wisdom you will need to lead him. :) I loved this post! Let's all keep our eye out for this Angela...
is he for real?
Post a Comment