
The first moment we had alone as I picked him up from camp, Jake said happily, "Mom, Jonathon (his camp counselor) told me why he thinks I came to this camp." Why, you ask? At some point, Jake shared with him that his dad wasn't 'in the picture.' Jake said Jonathon believes that he and Jake needed to have a conversation about Jake's father. Apparently, the young man who cared for and poured into my son all week had a dad that left when he was so young that he only knows his name. They had conversations throughout the week about what that is like and how Jake can turn to his Heavenly Father to be his dad in every way. It took every fiber of my being to not drop to my knees and sob in praise to the Lord in that very moment (I did in my heart and mind, though). God moves in the details of our lives to draw us into deeper intimacy with Him. His provisions and gentle care are weaved in every, single thing we do. My cup runneth over.
God is good. All the time.
2 comments:
am crying.
SO thankful for jonathan! AND so thankful that God has given jake such a sweet soul that he shared that story with you...
God IS good!!!
THank you Jesus for Jonathon, just proof that nothing is done in vain. God is working all around us. I'm so glad. I agree, GOD IS SOO GOOD.
Post a Comment