So, I started my new job today at Southwest Pulmonary.. it's quite the tongue twister when answering the phone. But, no worries, I only fumbled it twice.. once I said it with a lisp when the speech therapist they work with called.. and once just butchered it when one of the docs called in to check on me. Other than that, the day went pretty smooth. The girls I work with are nice... and not in a boring 'nice' way.. they are actually pretty funny and seem like good people. The job itself is like any other M.A. position.. just need time to work out the details. Overall, I would consider it a pretty successful 1st day.
Starting new is always challenging. But God gave me some good stuff today. First, I had an inner peace about the whole situation all day long. It seems like at least 3 of the people that work there are Christians.. the 2 girls I work with.. they had little scriptures/notes in different places on their desks.. one of the little notes said something along the lines of 'trials being opportunities to see God's faithfulness'... sigh :) and the doc I worked with today had an open bible and his devotional on his desk. Then, my very favorite drug rep from Plano Derm came in to our office today and I got to chat with him for a for a bit.. so good to see a familar face. Anyways..I just felt His presence everwhere today. I felt like He was holding my hand throughout the day. And, frankly, I really needed that. I will need it tomorrow too.
Medical offices are always the same in some ways.. the handful of crazy patients that call weekly, the docs and their different quirks/ways of doing things, the butt-kissy drug reps (except Kevin as mentioned above) and the group of women at the center of it all. There is some comfort in that formula because I know it so well! I look forward to what this part of my journey holds.. it doesn't mean I don't miss what I just left, but I have faith in what God is doing here with me.
Today, I am grateful for: That God has every detail worked out already for me. I don't have to worry about any aspect of this new path.. it's His, I just have to follow His lead.
1 comment:
i just looked at your last post and laughed all over again at jake's top 5. man. that kid. :)
so, i'm SOOOOO glad to hear about your first day. yay God! :)
i love you!
Post a Comment