Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Spring Break.. ahh, a whole new meaning this year. This week was not as bad as I thought it would be with my students. Not because they weren't a little wild, but I was different. God has been so faithful and good in showing me confidence, grace and flexibility during this student teaching process. Last week was actually the best week I've had so far minus the last 2 hours of Friday when the students actually became possessed. I have never seen anything like it.. they were incredibly rude and disrespectful, there were some things torn off the wall in the hallway and they were like wild animals running out the school and screaming after the final bell. I wonder if they remember that they are coming back? :)

It took me until 1 am to come down off that craziness, but hey, I know a little more of what to expect next time. And now, after this blog and grading 125 essays, I just want to forget about all of them until Spring Break is over. Not because I don't still love them but because I want to continue to love them, even more so, and the only way to do that is truly rest. I now know that Spring Break was not actually created for students but for teachers. Seriously!

It's beautiful outside and while I have a lot to do this week, I know that God is mostly pulling me towards rest. When I get back to school, I am officially half way through student teaching. It's been the most exhausting, exhilarating and valuable learning time of my life. I can't even believe how my mind and heart have expanded already. But I will tell you, that I have to surrender every single moment to the Lord to do it. When He's driving (He always is but when I am not trying to grab the steering wheel and acknowledge Him), it's the most incredibly fulfilling work I have ever done outside of getting to know my Heavenly Father and being a momma.

My field supervisor, who was a principal for years, evaluated me this week for the 2nd time and was blown away. She said I "have arrived as a teacher." I don't like that phrase and don't agree we ever arrive in anything but it was awesome to be encouraged. She stopped my Asst. Principal on her way out and said "you better offer her something soon because I am putting the word out, she's awesome." He said to her, "no, no.. don't do that! we are working on moving some stuff around. She's wonderful, we want to keep her here." She told him she was on it and he better get to it! She's a sprite little thing.

All that said, I am just praying that I don't put God in a box and just stay open. He has exceeded my expectations and come up with something way better than I have in everything else. I trust He has the right spot for me somewhere. It's all about His glory, His plan and His purpose in all of this. So, please pray that I stay centered on Him and continue to surrender to WHATEVER and WHEREVER He is calling me to.

No comments: