Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plunger, anyone?

Stopped up my toilet. Why am I telling you this story? I don't know, maybe in an effort to 'get over myself.' Keep reading.

So, I recently moved and lost my plunger in the process. I don't know, threw it away, kind of gross to transfer an old plunger to a new home maybe. Anyhow, new home.. no plunger.. stopped up toilet. Enters Walmart. As I am heading up to Walmart, I am thinking about what else I needed from there in order to not make it so obvious I was just up there for a plunger. I get there, pick up a basket.. and all I could come up with was facial cleanser, a box of 'feminine products' and a bag of twizzlers. (ok, didn't actually NEED the twizzlers.)

4 items.. 10pm at Walmart.. did I really think I would get by with this being a nonchalant, every day purchase? I did. So, when the old guy (elderly, really) checked me out in the express lane tonight, looked at my plunger and said, "whoa, looks like you got a real problem at home!" I did what any self-respecting, prideful woman would do.. I lied. I said, with an "oh-please" laugh and a hand wave, "Oh no. I just don't have one and don't really want to wait until I have problem and need one." Yah, I am SO sure he bought that one.

I can't even be annoyed with the old man's observation.. I mean, who is the kookoo muffin? Him or the chic telling LIES about plunger ownership?

Oy vey. Too funny.

3 comments:

Biz said...

lol! that's hilarious! i probably would have lied, too.

DeStef said...

That's why I use the self checkout. Dignity stays intact. :) HAHA!! Love that story!

Mrs. D said...

they were full! haha. I was like- really?!