Sunday, July 12, 2009

Without Jake.


So, Jake is gone... again. This time he is hangin' out on the Jersey shore and in NY with his 'Costello' family. It's a blessing that he gets to know that part of who he is.. and I am grateful they have stepped up in the absence of his dad. With that said, mommy MISSES her boy.

So, in an effort to make myself feel better, here's a list to remind me of what I can enjoy while Jake is away...

1. I haven't tripped over a light saber, sword or rifle in about 48 hours.

2. I don't have to watch the history and miltary history channels for an entire week.

3. Time to 'wing it' all week.. food, workouts, friend time, etc. I don't have to plan much.

4. Thoughts in my brain do not have to compete constantly with shooting noises and bombs blowing up.

5. No limits to the amount of crap TV I watch.

6. I can say 'crap or shit' if I drop something on my foot or break something.

Basically, without Jake here, I have little structure and few limits to bad behavior. That didn't end as well as I thought it would. ha.

Prayer for today: praising God for the rest and time I had with Jake last week.. and asking God to remind me of the fullness I have in HIM and not in being Jake's mom.

1 comment:

Biz said...

hahahahahaha ohhh this is funny!