Okay, so I need to just brag on my kid a little bit.. So, if this kind of post is nauseating for some you should stop reading now.
Jake got almost a perfect score on the Math TAKS.. He won a silver and bronze medal in the Math Olympics.. he ended the year with an A average (even in Language Arts!) ..and he received the Principal Proclamation Award for the 2nd year in a row. That award is a character award that only one student from each class receives for the year. I am so stinkin' proud of him. Even though he is brilliant (I'm a mom, I can say that), he struggles academically because of the dyslexia, but he works his little tail off. And it just warms my heart that his confidence is continually being nurtured in education. He wants to be like Matthew. I told him if he got into Harvard, I will find a way to pay for it.
I just look at that little guy (which after reading Wild at Heart, I'm convinced he is past the age where I can call him 'bean' ..so sad) and I'm in complete awe of what a complete package he is! Hearing Jake's story, the world might see Jake as a fatherless, dyslexic little boy who has already experienced so much loss.. cards stacked against him. But, Jake has pushed through so many stereotypes and stumbling blocks already.. that I can't even imagine the kind of man God will mold him into. I'm excited to have a front row seat watching this boy become a man.
We need more good, Godly men out there.. and I know raising a boy is huge responsibility. And being a single mother of a boy adds its own challenges. But how can I spend my days worrying about any of that when it is so obvious that Jake's in God's grip?
Another Jake Question on Romance: "If you like a girl, and you're playin' a game with her or somethin' like that.. do you let her win?"
2 comments:
Somehow I got all teary-eyed in this post. Please brag on Jake, he is seriously amazing and brillant!
i love this post so much I want to repost it on my blog. I can't explain why that makes sense to me, but I guess I just want Jake to have the widest audience possible. :) You are an awesome mom, Sarah!
Post a Comment